1998 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Laura Olah <olah@speagle.com>
Date: 19 Jan 1998 09:57:24
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Teeing Off

Matthew DiMatteo wrote:

> Good day everyone,
> I agree with Bruce.  Prior use of a site is simply an indicator of the
> possible nature and extent of contamination.  If the location and other
> "pure" real estate issues are valuable enough to a developer (value is
> obviously gauged differently from project to project), the next step is to
> determine whether the environmental status can be managed within the
> economics of the project.
>
> In addition to this statement, I would also like to know if there is anyone
> in this user group interested in developing sport/golf facilities on
> brownfield type property?  Call or email for further information.

> Matthew M. DiMatteo                                     phone: (401) 728-6860
> Clean-Start Properties Unlimited                        fax:   (401) 727-1849
> Business Development Representative             email: md@cleanstart.com

Golf courses traditionally use a potent cocktail of various herbicides,
fungicides and pesticides to maintain that irridescent crayon-green hue;
add to this heavy irrigation which drives these and any residual
(brownfield) contamination to groundwater and surface water.  Something
to think about if you get thirsty on the 9th "green"...
Laura
--
Laura Olah, Executive Director
Citizens for Safe Water Around Badger