1998 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@igc.apc.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:13:39 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Our New Name

NEW NAME HELPS EXPLAIN WHAT WE DO

CAREER/PRO is changing its name to the Center for Public Environmental
Oversight (CPEO). The new name should help explain what we are: An
organization that provides information and otherwise promotes public
participation in the oversight of environmental activities, including
but not limited to the remediation of federal facilities (particularly
military bases), private "Superfund" sites, and Brownfields.

CAREER/PRO was established about five years ago as the California
Economic Recovery and Environmental Restoration Project. Project
founders planned to focus on training workers to clean up closing
military bases here in the Bay Area. While that agenda remains important
to us, we are now much more engaged in national support for public
oversight.

We remain a project of the San Francisco Urban Institute at San
Francisco State University. We will be changing our Internet addresses,
but we expect to go through an extended transition period during which
the old references will continue to work as well as the new. We may
still be contacted at our existing address and phone numbers - they will
remain the same.

Director, CPEO (SFSU CAREER/PRO) (and Pacific Studies Center)
c/o PSC, 222B View St., Mountain View, CA 94041
lsiegel@igc.apc.org