1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Tony Chenhansa <tonyc@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 17:39:23 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Thursday 4/29/99 Brownfields Introduction

Thursday 4/29/99 Brownfields Introduction

32) Peter Gillon     Greenberg Traurig

------------------------------

From: "Gillon, Peter" <GillonP@gtlaw.com>
Subject: RE: Wednesday 4/28/99 Brownfields Introduction
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 13:54:28 -0400

I guess its time I introduced myself.  I'm Peter Gillon, chair of the
environmental law department in the Washington office of Greenberg
Traurig,
a national law firm with 480 attorneys, with a base of operations in
Miami.
A major focus of my practice is the representation of companies that
acquire
environmentally impaired properties for remediation and redevelopment.
This
includes structuring the transaction, addressing environmental, land use
and
regulatory issues, negotiating insurance policies, and with the help of
my
bond, real estate and tax partners, closing the transaction and handling

subsequent redevelopment issues.  I have handled or am handling about
six
sizable deals in the past year.

In addition, I represent the national association formed by the 20
largest
brownfield redevelopment companies, called the Environmental
Redevelopers
Association.  We meet three times a year and serve as a voice for the
environmental redevelopment industry.  Among other activities, we are
working closely with EPA on the forthcoming policies on redevelopment of
NPL
sites and prospective purchaser agreements.  The ERA is open only to
companies that are engaged principally in the business of acquiring and
redeveloping environmentally impaired real estate.

In my spare time, when I am not coaching my two boys in various sports,
I am
a jazz musician, playing drums and piano, and I am also an avid
fisherman.

Peter M. Gillon
Greenberg Traurig
1300 Connecticut Ave., N.W.
Washington, D.C.  20036
202-331-3145 (tel)
202-261-0145 (fax)
e-mail:  Gillonp@gtlaw.com

[EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY: CPEO'S PHONE NUMBER HAS CHANGED
TO 415-405-7751. OUR FAX NUMBER IS STILL THE SAME]

Tony Chenhansa,  Program Coordinator
Center for Public Environmental Oversight (CPEO)
425 Market Street 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA  94105
ph: 415-405-7751 fx: 415-904-7765
e-mail: tonyc@cpeo.org
http://www.cpeo.org

A program of the San Francisco Urban Institute