1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Emery Graham <"egraham"@ci.wilmington.de.us>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:46:34 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: "The Economic Benefits of Open Space"

It becomes increasingly apparent that one of the attendant impacts of
efforts to preserve open space is an increase in the value of land in other
existing uses. As our efforts to spur economic development succeed, those
who are existing land owners will find themselves the beneficiaries of
windfall profits and rents driven by government supported programs.

What happened to "environmental justice.?