1999 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: CHARLES PATRIZIA <CAPATRIZIA@phjw.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 09:16:44 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: "The Economic Benefits of Open Space" -Reply

I am somewhat troubled by the sense I get from Emery's posting that
there is a single right decision with regard to a parcel, and that someone,
apparently with expertise, should make that decision to assure the "right"
use.  The local residents, the local government, the property owner, and
others, all get to play in the decision, and the "right" answer may vary
over time and with different groups.  Emery may doubt that a "park" is the
right use, but May Giuliani's recent experience with garden plots in NYC
could also suggest otherwise.