2003 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 00:18:33 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Mountain View group urges more sampling, cleanup

I've written before about U.S. EPA's review of the Vapor Intrusion
Pathway at contamination sites in Mountain View, California, where I
live. Members of the community advisory group, the Northeast Mountain
View Advisory Council (NMAC), have written a letter commenting on the
new (Phase II) sampling workplan for the GTE site, a former industrial
property now containing hundreds of privately owned homes. While - as
reported in November 17, 2003 San Jose Mercury News - many of the
residents of the GTE site don't appreciate the publicity their problem
is now receiving, there is growing concern that EPA's focus on indoor
air sampling and mitigation, as opposed to further remediation, is insufficent.

See http://www.whisman.net/.

Note: I am a member of the NMAC board, and I participated in a portion
of this effort, but I didn't  initiate it.

Lenny