2003 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: cpeo <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 19 Dec 2003 19:20:00 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] New ICMA report on Community Engagement

The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) has issued a
report that examines the different perceptions of local government
officials and community residents about brownfields cleanup and
redevelopment in two cities, Bridgeport, CT and Jersey City, NJ.

Based on input received from local officials, community residents, and
other stakeholders interviewed during the study, the report highlights
strategies for improving communication and public participation in
brownfields redevelopment planning.   CPEO interviewed community members
and set up community meetings as part of the study.

The report,  "Local Government and Community Engagement in Brownfields
Redevelopment"  can be downloaded at http://www1.brownfieldsource.org.

For more information on the report, contact Katrena Hanks at ICMA,
khanks@icma.org; telephone, 202/962-3662.

Bob Hersh
Brownfields Program Director
Center for Public Environmental Oversight (CPEO)
1101 Connecticut Ave., NW  Suite 1000
Washington, DC  20036

Tel:     202.452.8043
Fax:    202.452.8095