2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 12 Apr 2005 20:48:18 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Announcing the Installation Reuse Forum

Next week the Center for Public Environmental Oversight will introduce
the Installation Reuse Forum (IRF), an Internet newsgroup with in-depth
coverage of issues related to military base closure, cleanup, transfer,
and reuse. The IRF will differ in two key ways from CPEO's existing
newsgroups, the Military Environmental Forum and the Brownfields
Internet Forum.

First, IRF postings will not be "text only." We will also send out
HTML-formatted messages and attachments. Thus, it will be most suitable
for subscribers with high-speed Internet connections.

Second, after an introductory period of about one month, we will be
charging for the IRF. Please take advantage of this free period to judge
whether you wish to pay for a continuing subscription.

The IRF will provide information and analysis, drawing on CPEO's 12
years of experience in the base closure field, designed to assist all
stakeholders in the base reuse "business." We anticipate publishing
original analysis, official documents as they emerge, and on-line
clippings from newspapers and other copyrighted journals across in the
form of the excerpts and links. Like our other newsgroups, the IRF will
invite comments and other submissions from our readers.

To subscribe during the introductory free period, simply e-mail us your
name, affiliation (if appropriate), and e-mail address. To expedite
processing, please include "IRF Sub" in the subject line of your
message. Please also indicate whether you wish to receive each
INDIVIDUAL message or have your messages collected in a daily DIGEST. We
are taking subscriptions now, but we will not be sending out IRF
messages until the week of April 18, 2005. We will be sending out
information on paid subscriptions in the middle of May.