2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Robert Hersh" <b_hersh@verizon.net>
Date: 17 Jun 2005 12:24:05 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] National Brownfields Conference

Submitted by John Rosenthall  jrosenthall@msn.com

It appears to me that regional conferences may better serve communities than
national conferences. This will allow greater concentration on specific and
unique issues in the region with the officials responsible for addressing
those specific and unique issues. As we all know what works in one part of
the country may not work in other parts of the country. Regional conferences
increase the potential for small towns, rural communities, low-income and
minority communities to participate. National entities that participate in
the national conferences can decide which regional conferences to visit.
However, the option to participate is not available for numerous small
towns, low-income and minority communities with respect to the national
conference.

John Rosenthall