2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Ilan, Lee" <lilan@cityhall.nyc.gov>
Date: 21 Jun 2005 21:54:20 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: RE: [CPEO-BIF] The value of the annual National Brownfields Confe rence

 I always find great value in the annual conference.
The conference allows us to evaluate our efforts and think a little more
creatively about our work - not always possible with the usual deadlines and
day-to-day tasks.  Exposure to new ideas and practices, meeting peers in
other localities, and a greater understanding of how our city's brownfield
situation is and isn't like others have proved beneficial in advancing our
efforts in New York.   A less-than annual conference would miss out on the
opportunity to learn about early stages of innovation, discuss timely issues
such as AAI, and be up to date on new Federal initiatives.  Further, I echo
Ev's sentiment that the event is an excellent training ground for people new
to the brownfields field.

By the way, is everyone with these opinions remembering to submit them to
the official EPA conference feedback site?  I'm not sure EPA is reading the
CPEO list.
To make sure EPA sees your comments, be sure they've gone to
Brownfields_Conference_Feedback@epa.gov
Look forward to seeing many of you in Denver!
--Lee

Ms. Lee Ilan
Senior Environmental Planner
New York City Office of Environmental Coordination
100 Gold Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10038
Tel. 212-788-2929
Fax 212-788-2941