2005 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 10 Nov 2005 21:52:28 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] MEW TAG Final Report (Mountain View, CA)

The Final Report of the renewed Technical Assistance Grant (TAG) for the
MEW Superfund Study Area in Mountain View, California, is now available
from CPEO's web site at
http://www.cpeo.org/pubs/MEWTAG.doc.

This is the only TAG that I know of that has focused on vapor intrusion
issues. It relates a number of lessons about vapor intrusion, from a
community perspective. Though this TAG was restricted to the
Middlefield-Ellis-Whisman industrial area in Mountain View, people
across the country may find the report helpful. A previous TAG at this
site addressed groundwater remediation and the drinking water pathway.

Peter Strauss was the technical consultant for this project, and I
(Lenny Siegel) carried out day-to-day management as a volunteer for the
Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition, the TAG recipient.

LS