2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "lsiegel@cpeo.org" <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 24 Feb 2006 14:54:27 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Jacksonville, North Carolina vapor sampling

State tests for solvent vapors

JOE MILLER
JACKSONVILLE DAILY NEWS (NC)
February 24,2006

State environmental officials have begun testing for possible effects from
groundwater contamination in downtown Jacksonville.

Scott Stupak, with the state?s dry cleaning solvent cleanup program, said
four buildings were tested this week to see if vapors from contamination
from dry cleaning solvents have seeped up into the buildings. The state
tested the Onslow County Tax Office, the probation and parole building, the
USO and a residence on Tallman Avenue.

?We want to make sure that we?re testing in areas that are representative
of the air space that people are breathing on a daily basis,? Stupak said.

http://www.jdnews.com/SiteProcessor.cfm?Template=/GlobalTemplates/Details.cf
m&StoryID=39083&Section=News