2006 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 31 Aug 2006 08:10:39 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Grand Landing, Grand Haven, Michigan

Grand Landing sets sail

BY MARK BROOKY
Grand Haven Tribune (MI)
August 30, 2006

Terry Kropf said she's longed to have a second home near the Lakeshore. The Grand Rapids real estate closing agent recently put money down on a condominium that will be built on what is now contaminated dirt and weeds on Grand Haven's north end.

"I've lived in West Michigan all my life, so this will be fun to be closer to the lake," she said.

Kropf has reserved one of the planned condos at The Village, the first phase of the $70 million Grand Landing development that officially kicked off Tuesday with a groundbreaking ceremony at the site. Kropf, who placed one of about 30 refundable reservations made so far for Grand Landing condo units, hopes her new home will be ready next spring.

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/paid/286918338130050.bsp

--

Lenny Siegel Director, Center for Public Environmental Oversight c/o PSC, 278-A Hope St., Mountain View, CA 94041 Voice: 650/961-8918 or 650/969-1545 Fax: 650/961-8918 <lsiegel@cpeo.org> http://www.cpeo.org