2007 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Kris Wernstedt" <krisw@vt.edu>
Date: 29 May 2007 20:39:59 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] CPEO-BIF thread on measuring success

CPEO types,

EPA sponsored a small workshop several years ago on trying to get a handle
on community impacts from reusing properties.  It's a bit dated, but some of
the workshop material is still posted on

www.rff.org/rff/Events/Estimating-Community-Economic-Impacts-from-the-Reuse-
of-Contaminated-Properties.cfm

I wrote one of the background papers for the workshop ("Overview of Existing
Studies . . .", downloadable from the website) on various past quant efforts
to measure success.  It's a lot of blah blah blah but might have some useful
background info, particularly for your June 15th conference, Lee.

Best regards,

Kris

Kris Wernstedt
Urban Affairs and Planning
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Alexandria Center
1021 Prince Street, Suite 200
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
703-706-8132 (voice), 703-518-8009 (fax)
krisw@vt.edu, www.uap.vt.edu/thePeople.htm