2007 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 24 Sep 2007 16:38:05 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Schools and potential vapor intrusion

As one can tell from my recent postings, I'm following the issue of schools built recently over plumes (or soil contamination) of TCE and other volatile organic compounds. A major concern is what instruments and what detection limits are being used to determine whether students and teachers are being exposed to unsafe levels of contaminants in the air.

Does anyone know of other school sites where similar debates are underway?

Lenny