2007 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2007 22:19:50 -0000
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Energizer, Bennington, Vermont

Factory to clean nearby soil

NEAL GOSWAMI
Bennington Banner (VT)
October 31, 2007

BENNINGTON - State officials presented a plan to remediate chemical contamination at the Energizer plant Tuesday night, saying the aggressive method chosen should capture enough of the contamination to meet state standards.

Testing of the four homes found to have moderately elevated levels showed that remediation work on the homes was not necessary, according to Energizer officials.

"One of the prime questions has to be what does this do to our property values and our ability to sell a house?" said Arlene Danville, who owns a home on Gage Street that was found to have elevated levels of PCE and TCE. "As local residents, it would have been nice to have somebody (from the town) here."

http://www.benningtonbanner.com/localnews/ci_7327361