2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 12:02:02 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Connecticut budget

Gov. Rell won't support $200 million brownfield plan

BY PAUL HUGHES
WATERBURY REPUBLICAN-AMERICAN (CT)
March 1, 2008

HARTFORD -- Gov. M. Jodi Rell says state efforts to reclaim polluted
properties will depend on cleanup costs and spending limits.

The Rell administration is unwilling to support a five-year, $200
million plan that Brownfields Task Force proposed for getting
Connecticut started.

It is unclear how much the administration is willing to spend at this time.

"We can do what we what we are able to afford to do," Rell said Friday.

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2008/03/01/news/321647.txt