2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:16:54 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Newbury Market, S. Fayette, Pennsylvania

$160M mixed-use development planned for 305-acre brownfield in S. Fayette

Pop City (Pittsburgh, PA)
March 5, 2008

Newbury Market, a $160 million mixed-use brownfield redevelopment
planned for S. Fayette Twp., has received $5 million from Pennsylvania's
Department of Community and Economic Development. The state investment
will come in the form of a grant of $500,000 per year for 10 years to
the Redevelopment Authority of Allegheny County on behalf of developer
EQA Landmark Communities.

Located off of I-79 and Rte. 50,  the 305-acre project will convert the
former Koppers plant site into a mixed-use development that will feature
a 125-room hotel, just under one million feet of retail and commercial
space, 215 homes, and 125 rental units. Homes, which will sell for
between $200,000 and $650,000, will range in size from 2,000 to 6,000
square feet. The project may include a LEED-certified office building.
Home construction will begin during the fall of 2008. Project architect
is Burt Hill.

"I don't know another project in the suburbs that endeavors to be a
truly mixed-use walkable community. We've come up with a vernacular and
architectural guidelines that drive the design," says Brett Malky, with
EQA Landmark Communities. "Our residential piece combines traditional
neighborhood design, formal green space and a mix of housing types
borrowing from the great architectural traditions of the South Hills."

http://www.popcitymedia.com/developmentnews/newmarket0305.aspx