2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:16:14 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Niagara Falls (NY) seeks community participation

HIGHLAND NEIGHBORHOOD: Officials push brownfield meeting

By Dan Miner
Niagara Gazette (NY)
March 27, 2008

Officials in Niagara Falls say they're ready. They're hoping North End
residents are as well.

"I think there's tremendous potential for this community to grow," said
Willie Dunn, executive director of the Highland Community Revitalization
Committee. "We want residents to galvanize as a community group and say
what they would like to see happening."

Dunn was discussing the Highland Avenue neighborhood, specifically the
$400,000 state grant the city has received for a plan and implementation
strategy to turn the area's numerous brownfields into viable,
environmentally friendly businesses.

But the grant, part of the Brownfield Opportunity Area program, won/t
work unless the community gets involved.

http://www.niagara-gazette.com/local/local_story_087204131.html