2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 16:36:15 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Connecticut Brownfield Pilot Program

Funding for state's Brownfield Pilot Program announced

By Governor Rell's office
Stamford Plus Magazine
May 19, 2008

Governor M. Jodi Rell today announced that $2.25 million in bond funding for the state’s Brownfield Pilot Program is expected to gain approval when the state Bond Commission meets May 30.

The pilot program is part of Governor Rell’s broader Responsible Growth strategy. Reusing brownfields – former factory sites and other contaminated property – and turning them into productive engines of economic development helps preserve virgin land and creates new jobs.

The pilot program was established under the same law that created the Office of Brownfield Remediation and Development within the Department of Economic and Community Development – a measure that passed with only a single dissenting vote between the state House of Representatives and Senate.

"This pilot program will target five high-priority sites for redevelopment, located in communities of all sizes and descriptions across Connecticut," Governor Rell said. "Brownfields offer a win-win-win solution to many of the pressing issues facing our state, especially as we combat a downturn in the national economy and continue our focus on keeping and growing jobs in Connecticut."

For the entire article/release, see
http://www.stamfordplus.com/stm/information/nws1/publish/News_1/Funding_for_state_s_Brownfield_Pilot_Program_announced2383.shtml