2008 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 10:22:42 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Logistics One, Mechanicville, New York

Firm interested in M'ville site

By Danielle Sanzone
Troy Record (NY)
July 22, 2008

MECHANICVILLE - A local company is offering to invest $3 million on 11.3 acres of land in the city's light industrial park, which is in the midst of petroleum remediation, officials said.

Logistics One, also known as Saratoga Warehouse Associates, has plans to develop a steel warehouse building and parking lot on the current brownfield site once remediation is complete. The company is currently based in Saratoga Springs, officials said.

"It'd be nice to have a hometown company move in," said Mayor Anthony Sylvester. "We would know their needs, and they'll know ours."

The city is set to finish cleaning up the 26-acre park by the end of the summer. Once started, the process should take about three weeks and will be supervised by the Department of Environmental Conservation, said Sylvester. "We can't do anything regarding tenants at the park until we are cleared by the DEC," he said.

http://www.troyrecord.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19864171&BRD=1170&PAG=461&dept_id=7021&rfi=6