2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:23:13 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Conference on Innovative Reuse of Philadelphia's Brownfields and other Idle Lands

From: jfaass@eden.rutgers.edu

Dear Mr. Siegel,

Hi, I've been receiving your emails through the CPEO list serve for years now, and I was wondering if it might be a good forum for promoting a conference event that will be hosted by Drexel University's Engineering Cities Initiative on April 23rd and 24th.

The conference is called, "Greening the Post-Industrial City: Innovative Reuse of Philadelphia's Idle Lands." It will be held at the Academy of Natural Sciences, with a reception at the Navy Yard. The first day of the event will really be focused on issues related to brownfields redevelopment, while the second will look closely at sustainable reuse scenarios.

Panelists include representatives form the EPA, PADEP, City Government, local CDCs, Universities and others; and the event is designed to share information and experiences related to the acquisition, remediation and reuse of idle/contaminated lands in Philadelphia to encourage future redevelopment that is environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.

More information can be found at our website: http://www.drexel.edu/cities/.

Sincerely,
Josie Faass

Josephine S. Faass, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
Research Coordinator, Drexel Engineering Cities Initiative
3141 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215) 571-3540