2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 15:36:15 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] [Fwd: Re: Solar power plant on Chicago's South Side]

From: 	ECYORSHIPPARRAN@aol.com

Hello, Lenny & everyone.  This is one of the sites introduced to EPA
over ten years ago as a brownfield site.  As a result, the historical
contamination quality of cleanup remains in question?  I attended a
meeting in the community last night and I can see gapping loophole in
this volunteer-state-clean-up.  I really want this community to have any
jobs possible that that this project can provide.  However; I am very
concerned about the work plan proposed. If there are members on this
list-service that has the experience in such, please contact me. The
review deadline for the public comments is May 8, 2009.  I too agree
that we don't want another Crestwood here in Illinois.  Please don't
misunderstand: we get our water from Lake Michigan i.e. City water.
But; the basements of the homes in the neighborhood flood, and they are
about to close the connections of the sewers lines and leave the
contamination in the pipes leading into the homes.

Sarah Shipp-Parran
West Pullman Community
Chicago, Illinois
Email: ecyorshipparran@aol.com