2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 06:28:24 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Brush Pottery, Roseville, Ohio

Roseville cleaning up former pottery sight

By BRIAN GADD
Zanesville Times Recorder (OH)
June 24, 2009

ROSEVILLE - The former Brush Pottery building could be torn down and the site cleaned up to make way for a custom homes business.

After years of working through the state's brownfield process, the village of Roseville has finally submitted an application to the Clean Ohio Assistance Fund for the project, Village Clerk Heidi Milner said.

A brief public meeting was held last week at the Roseville Community Center to provide information on the project and no negative comments have been received by officials, Milner said.

"We've been working on the brownfield for a long time, and we have business letters of support, the support of residents. Everyone wants to see this get done," Milner said. "We're working with two grant programs, so the property can be decontaminated and then the building demolished."

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/article/20090624/NEWS01/906240303/1002