2009 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: "Deb Ranjan Sinha" <debsinha@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 18:15:59 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: [CPEO-BIF] Reporting Phase 1 and Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessments

Larry, could you please elaborate on the last sentence *Indeed, more brownfield
sites were created in 2009 than were
cleaned up!*? Are you referring to migration of soil and groundwater
contamination to adjacent properties either because cleanup is not happening or
because of incomplete/self-directed cleanups?

Also, I would also appreciate if anyone direct me to reports documenting these
various conditions under which legacy pollution is not required to be reported
to the relevant agencies during redevelopment/sale of properties (when I expect
these conditions to be made public).

Deb.