2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Larry Schnapf <lschnapf@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 14:38:46 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: [CPEO-BIF] [Fwd: Re: Privacy vs. the public's right to know]

I completely agree. If we have learned anything the past few years, it is the importance of transparency and not relying on buyers having resources to find information that is not easily available.the current system is essentially playing poker with pollution.

Contamination is a public health concern. The information should be readily accessible so both regulators and impacted communities can take appropriate action.emphrical studies have shown that any potential stigmatization is shortlived--once a remedy is selected, prices bein to rebound....and remedies won't be selected until the information is made public.

Larry

Larry Schnapf
Law Offices of Lawrence Schnapf 55 E.87th Street #8BNew York, NY 10128 212-756-2205 office 212-593-5955 fax www.environmental-law.net website

Blog: Visit Schnapf Judgment on the commonground community at http://commonground.edrnet.com/resources/9d51c3f88e/summary