2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Peter strauss <petestrauss1@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:30:23 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: Re: [CPEO-BIF] Learning Lessons from a Personal Encounter with a Failing Groundwater Recovery System

Bob:
  Fortunately, this incident occurred in an area that is used frequently, and thus detected. One site I am working on is in a rural area, and they have had several incidents at night or over the weekend, and it was not discovered until people arrived during normal work hours.  This of course became a cause of concern for the community, as it was concerned that vapors from the spilled liquid could travel the mile into town.  There had been a history of releases and odors in town, so any release, no matter how small was cause for concern.

Thought that you may want to consider this scenario in long-term management and continuing obligations.

Peter

Peter

Sent from my iPad