2010 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 11:50:35 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] [Fwd: New OSWER Discussion Forum question: technical assistance to communities]

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 11:25:23 -0400
From: aastanislaus@epamail.epa.gov
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Hi everyone,

A new question of the month has been posted on the OSWER Discussion
Forum (http://blog.epa.gov/oswerforum/2010/10/technical-assistance/):
What steps can EPA take to ensure that technical assistance to
communities serves the needs of the whole community and not just a small
group?

EPA is always seeking to improve the process we use to provide
communities with technical assistance. This assistance often comes in
the form of grant money to help a community affected by sites
contaminated with hazardous waste hire independent technical advisors to
interpret information about that site. EPA provides this assistance in
order to help communities better understand and address community
environmental issues and concerns.

I hope you will continue to participate in the OSWER Discussion Forum;
we will be posting new discussion questions at least once a month, and
old questions remain available for comment indefinitely. Your input is
important to me, and the discussions that occur on the Forum and
elsewhere help inform OSWERâs work.

Sincerely,

Mathy Stanislaus
Assistant Administrator for EPA's Office of Solid Waste and Emergency
Response