2011 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 20:36:48 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Community Board 12 [Manhattan] responds to proposed brownfield clean up"

Community Board 12 responds to proposed brownfield clean up on Broadway at Nagle Ave.

Manhattan Times (NY)
February 1, 2011

EDITOR'S NOTE: The following is a summary of a letter CB12 sent to the N.Y. State Department of Environmental Conservation on Jan. 25, 2011 concerning environmental issues at a site that was a former gas station that is being considered for development.

Dear Mr. Sadique Ahmed, Project Manager, N.Y. State Department of Environmental Conservation

From what we know about the condition of 4566 Broadway, it is clear that this is a very serious situation, and it is our hope that the supplemental investigation will produce the information necessary to make a determination on the level of threat that the brownfield site poses to this community.

We offer the following comments with that objective in mind: ...

For the entire article (summary of letter), see
http://www.manhattantimesnews.com/2011/community-board-12-responds-to-proposed-brownfield-clean-up-on-broadway-at-nagle-ave.html