2011 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 10:15:54 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Premier Tool and Die Cast Corp., Dowagiac, Michigan

179 new jobs expected in business expansion

Niles Daily Star (MI)
July 6, 2011

DOWAGIAC - Premier Tool and Die Cast Corp. plans a $3.2 million expansion in Dowagiac expected to create 179 jobs by resurrecting the former ICG plant across Paul Street as a new zinc and aluminum die cast and assembly operation.

After nearly 18 months of "diligent effort," Mayor Donald Lyons announced Tuesday that the Brownfield Redevelopment Authority entered into a purchase agreement with Premier, based in Berrien Springs, so it can expand operations in Dowagiac.

"We are extremely pleased that we have been able to find ways to address the environmental clean-up necessary to make the former ICG facility ready for industrial operations," Lyons said.

http://www.nilesstar.com/2011/07/06/179-new-jobs-expected-in-business- expansion/