2011 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 22:59:41 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Connecticut "brownfield proposal called 'window dressing'"

New brownfield proposal called 'window dressing'

BY JAN ELLEN SPIEGEL
CONNECTICUT MIRROR
October 22, 2011

Among the items in Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's jobs package for next week's special session is one on brownfields -- those polluted properties that have become darlings of the environmental and economic revitalization sectors in recent years.

The package earmarks $20 million to develop and market five to-be- determined state-owned brownfield sites, to review and ultimately consolidate existing programs, and to create a more comprehensive brownfields website.

"Window dressing," said Barry Trilling, an environmental and climate change attorney with Wiggin & Dana in Stamford. "We passed the law we needed this past summer and now we have to implement it."

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2011/10/22/business/593689.txt