2012 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lennysiegel@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 21:06:50 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Wake Forest [NC] residents furious about drinking contaminated water for years"

Wake Forest residents furious about drinking contaminated water for years

By Charlotte Huffman
WRAL TV-17 News (Triangle Area, NC)
October 25, 2012

A Wake Forest community is in an uproar after learning the state of North Carolina knew a resident’s water had been contaminated with toxic chemicals and failed to alert other residents for more than six years.

"It makes me feel horrible," homeowner Michele Hamilton said of unknowingly giving the toxic water to her kids "They're the most important things to me."

The EPA called families in the community this past summer, saying their water is contaminated with a cancer-causing chemical called trichloroethylene, or TCE, and to not drink, bathe or cook with the water.

For the entire story, see
http://www2.nbc17.com/news/wake-county/2012/oct/25/wake-forest- residents-furious-about-drinking-conta-ar-2725769/

See also

278-A Hope Street, Mountain View, CA 94041
Voice: 650-961-8918 or 650-969-1545
Fax: 650-961-8918