2012 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 22:22:16 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Plans on track to raze half of [Ontario, Ohio] GM plant"

Plans on track to raze half of GM plant

by Lou Whitmire
Mansfield News Journal (OH)
November 7, 2012

ONTARIO - Brownfield Communities Development Company is moving forward with plans to demolish half of the former General Motors plant, while the sale for the facility is still pending.

The demolition will make way for the development company, a joint venture of Adler Group Inc. and Hilco Real Estate, to bring 1,100 jobs to the community within the next five years.

"We are taking an obsolete, single-tenant facility and turning it into a modern multi-tenant business generator," said Michael M. Adler, CEO and chairman of Adler Group. "Demolition and renovation will create immediate jobs, but we are more excited about our product and the long-term jobs and economic benefits that will be created in the future."

http://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/article/20121107/NEWS01/311060050/ Plans-track-raze-half-GM-plant