2013 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:35:52 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Hanover [Massachusetts] residents still waiting for state to act on contamination cleanup

Hanover residents still waiting for state to act on contamination cleanup

By Fred Hanson
Quincy Patriot Ledger (MA)
July 15, 2013

HANOVER - Eight months after state environmental officials assured concerned residents that they were working on a plan to clean up a high-priority contamination site, there is still no plan or timeline for the cleanup.

"Our goal of reporting results to the public was optimistic," said Joseph Ferson, a spokesman for the state Department of Environmental Protection. "But we are making substantial progress on settlement negotiations."

In November, state officials told nearly 100 residents at a forum that they were in negotiations with the polluters and zeroing in on a cleanup strategy for the 240-acre site of an old fireworks and munitions plant in the southwest corner of town.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/hanover/news/x273436333/Hanover-residents- still-waiting-for-state-to-act-on-contamination-cleanup