2013 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 00:27:20 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Former Krupp Foundry site, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

Facing sticker shock, Quakertown rethinks Krupp park plans Borough looking for creative ways to pay for walking trails, amphitheater at the former brownfield.

By Melinda Rizzo
Allentown Morning Call (PA)
July 25, 2013

Facing sticker shot, Quakertown is rethinking how to pay for a new park at the former Krupp Foundry site.

The borough's plan for the former brownfield at Mill and Fourth streets calls for two miles of walking trails, gardens, a pond and fountain and a permanent amphitheater for music, arts and cultural events.

But earlier this summer, borough council members were surprised when they opened bids.

"We expected the entire job to cost about $1.5 million, and phase I came in at just under $1 million," according to Scott McElree, who is the borough manager and police chief.

http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-quakertown-krupp-park- update-20130725,0,3633375.story