2013 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 18:29:45 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "DTE to sell Marysville (Michigan) power plant to brownfield redeveloper"

DTE to sell Marysville power plant to brownfield redeveloper

By Jim Bloch
New Baltimore Voice Papers (MI)
December 13, 2013

If the due diligence process unfolds as planned, the huge shuttered Marysville power plant will be sold within four months to Commercial Development Company, a St. Louis based firm specializing in the cleanup and redevelopment of polluted industrial sites.

DTE Energy officials made the announcement at a press conference at Marysville city hall on Dec. 11.

CDC, through its sister firm, Environmental Liability Transfer, will clean the inside of the plant, demolish it and clean the polluted earth under and around the plant.

"We have been told by DTE regularly and often that we are in partnership with the city," said Randall Jostes, president and CEO of ELT. "We hope to have a vibrant development in Marysville."

Mayor Dan Damman said CDC and the city have the rare opportunity to redevelop a site with regional significance. The 20-acre property sits on the St. Clair River and features a natural deepwater dock, rail access, proximity to the Blue Water Bridge, I-69 and I-94 and the St. Clair County International Airport.

http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2013/12/13/news/ doc52ab2d92b0940807728194.txt