2013 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 07:59:49 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Land Bank for West Central Connecticut brownfields

Land Bank targets brownfields

Collective effort aims to make sites productive

by Luke Marshall
Citizen's News (CT)
December 30, 2013

NAUGATUCK - A new program is aiming to assist municipalities with turning brownfield sites into productive parcels again.

The Regional Brownfields Partnership of West Central Connecticut, which is hosted by the Valley Council of Governments, has implemented a new program called the Land Bank to try and deal with long-standing brownfield issues.

"We've been exploring the idea of how we can help municipalities take the next steps in returning the sites that have been long-troubled sites to productive use," said Arthur Bogen, who is president of the program.

http://www.mycitizensnews.com/news/2013/12/land-bank-targets- brownfields/