2014 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 14:52:39 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Lodi [California] pollution clean-up on track for completion"

Lodi pollution clean-up on track for completion

By Wes Bowers
Lodi News-Sentinel (CA)
March 29, 2014

Lodi’s interim City Manager Steve Schwabauer and Public Works Director Wally Sandelin said this week that the project to clean up underground pollution discovered in Downtown Lodi more than two decades ago is on track to being complete by 2038.

“With the exception of the central plume, we are done with any heavy action or remediation,” Sandelin said. “We expect we won’t do any physical treatment, but just some monitoring. (TCE/PCE levels) are pretty low in the other plumes, and if contamination reaches any of the water wells, we’d treat that.”

The central plume, or leak into the groundwater, is located in an alley south of Pine Street between Church and Pleasant streets, and extends about a mile south. Public Works crews have removed 17,520 pounds of PCE from that plume, Sandelin said.

…

For the entire article see
http://www.lodinews.com/news/article_c2696f7c-78ae-5dbd-a8dc-3e0d42840fa3.html

278-A Hope Street