2014 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 23:58:10 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Stamford waterfront, Connecticut

Harbor Point developer set to construct boatyard in Stamford

by Crystal Kang
Westfair Online (CT)
April 24, 2014 4:33 pm

Stamford-based Building and Land Technology, the developer of Harbor Point, recently bought a $12.75 million property on the west branch of Stamford Harbor to build a boatyard, said BLT CEO Carl R. Kuehner III in a press release.

The 5.4-acre site, at 28 Southfield Ave., is already approved for residential development and a marina, Kuehner said in a statement. The project awaits the city’s site plan approval, and the goal is to open a boatyard by the first quarter of 2015.

"We are proud to offer a compelling solution to fulfill Stamford's need for a modern working boatyard, and we look forward to collaborating with the city to develop the boatyard as quickly as possible," Kuehner said in a statement. "Our investment in this site demonstrates our commitment to enhance Stamford through the development of the waterfront, and our responsiveness to the community’s voice."

http://westfaironline.com/62418/harbor-point-developer-set-to- construct-boatyard-in-stamford/