2014 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2014 19:44:45 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "UC Davis eyes downtown Sacramento [California] railyard for new food center"

UC Davis eyes downtown Sacramento railyard for new food center

By Dale Kasler, Ryan Lillis and Tony Bizjak
Sacramento Bee (CA)
May 20, 2014

UC Davis is considering Sacramento’s downtown railyard for a satellite campus devoted to food and agriculture programs, a center that could attract food processors and other companies to set up shop nearby.

University spokeswoman Luanne Lawrence said Monday the project would become part of UC Davis’ World Food Center, a year-old program focused on food safety, agricultural policy, nutrition and related matters. Lawrence said the project would also likely include a medical clinic for treating diabetes, obesity and other food-related disorders, and for providing nutrition counseling.

Lawrence said the project remains in the early stage of discussion, and the university hasn’t made any decision about the size of the development or how much it would cost. “We haven’t talked about square footage; we haven’t talked about physical plant,” she said.

http://www.sacbee.com/2014/05/20/6416713/uc-davis-eyes-downtown- sacramento.html