2014 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 19:40:33 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Southland Steel, Huntington Park, California

Once-contaminated lot ready for sale in Huntington Park

Los Angeles Wave Newspapers (CA)
October 31, 2014

HUNTINGTON PARK - Remediation of a contaminated 4.5-acre vacant lot on Alameda Street south of Randolph Avenue should be finished and the lot, valued at more than $3 million, ready for sale in a month, according to interim City Manager Julio Morales.

Formerly the site of Southland Steel, the city-owned property abuts Nick Alexander BMW dealership to the south. The city is in negotiations with Alexander to purchase the site for expansion of the dealership. Those discussions continued in closed session Monday night with no public announcement afterward.

Earlier Monday, city officials, sitting as the Huntington Park Successor Agency, allocated an additional $197,575 to a contract with Geosyntec Consultants, overseeing the lot cleanup the past six months. It would be in addition to the firm's original $210,581 contract, Morales said.

http://wavenewspapers.com/news/ article_68b07696-6138-11e4-8e10-0017a43b2370.html