2015 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 08:53:42 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Olean, New York Gateway project not affected by Governor's veto

Brownfield veto doesn't hurt Gateway project

By Christopher Michel
Olean Times Herald (NY)
January 1, 2015

OLEAN - Gov. Andrew Cuomo's veto late Monday night of legislation to keep funding intact for the Brownfield Cleanup Program, which offers tax breaks for environmental remediation efforts, doesn’t bring an end for the Olean Gateway project.

In fact, the governor’s decision means very little for the proposed multimillion-dollar development on dormant industrial land near Interstate 86.

"The veto really doesn't have any impact on the Olean Gateway project other than a schedule constraint," said Paul Neureuter, president of Krog Corp, an Orchard Park-based real estate developer. "The properties where Olean Gateway is going already have a brownfield cleanup agreement with the state. The only obligation we have in order to take advantage of the tax incentive is to complete the cleanup work and obtain the certificate of completion from the state before Dec. 31, 2015. Most of our remediation work is complete at this point and we are on schedule to have all that wrapped up in the first half of the new year."

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/news/article_93aaa73a-9154-11e4-9fe0- efd5d9c18c2f.html