2017 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 20:27:44 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Former box factory, Fairmont, West Virginia

Owner looks to rezone old box factory, revitalize 12th Street area

by John Mark Shaver
Fairmont News (WV)
April 5, 2017

The old box factory on 12th Street may see a dramatic change, as plans to change rezone the property have passed the Planning Commission and will soon be before Fairmont City Council.

Kirk Naternicola, the factory’s current owner, took the issue to the Planning Commission’s Feb. 15 meeting, requesting that the parcel’s zoning be changed from neighborhood mixed use to industrial.

“This limits usage to apartments, small shops and restaurants. None of these things would be successful in my current location,” Naternicola said during the meeting. “The building is 200,000 square feet of warehouse and would be best utilized in that manner. Every other piece of property close to mine is used as an industrial type of business; Waste Management, Davis Electric, Valley Distributing, mini storage, as well as the bus and maintenance garage. How could I attract investors for apartments, small shops and restaurants when I am surrounded by these types of businesses?”

…

For the entire article, wee
https://www.theet.com/fairmontnews/news/owner-looks-to-rezone-old-box-factory-revitalize-th-street/article_f7225737-a2b0-5420-a514-4addb063bb56.html

Executive Director