2017 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2017 22:49:33 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Former Masland Factory, Carlisle, Pennsylvania

Ground broken for redevelopment on land of former 48-acre Masland Factory

By Dawn White
WHTM ABC-27 TV News (Harrisburg, PA)
November 2, 2017

CARLISLE, Pa. (WHTM) – State and Cumberland County officials broke ground Wednesday on a vacant property destroyed five years ago in a raging fire. Now plans are underway to redevelop the land.

A fence lines a bare field in Carlisle, but leaders expect redevelopment of the 48-acre Industrial Brownfield to have a huge impact on the local economy.

“I grew up a few blocks from here. I remember this. This was an active factory. You had folks coming to work every day,” said Mayor Tim Scott, (D-Carlisle).

That all changed in May of 2012 when a massive fire tore through the old Masland Factory. New life was dug into the ground where hundreds of people used to work with a row of golden shovels.

…

For the entire article, see
http://abc27.com/2017/11/02/ground-broken-for-redevelopment-on-land-of-former-48-acre-masland-factory/

Executive Director