2017 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 14:50:24 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Otsego urges county to do some Rock Tenn cleanup,"

Sorry. I left out the subject line last time.  - LS
On Dec 14, 2017, at 2:44 PM, Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org> wrote:

Otsego urges county to do some Rock Tenn cleanup

By Janiel Pepper
Allegan County News (MI)
December 7, 2017

With efforts to sell the former Rock Tenn paper mill to developers apparently stalled, Otsego city officials agreed their county commissioner should look for cleanup options.

County commissioner Gale Dugan brought the question up at the city’s Monday, Dec. 4, regular meeting.

“The Brownfield Committee asked me the question as the District 6 commissioner, whether the county should put money into cleaning up loose asbestos at the site,” Dugan said.

Efforts to market the site to developers were having trouble, Dugan said, because of the specific asbestos contamination and more general worries about the needed environmental cleanup at the site to use it for something else.

For the entire article, see
http://www.allegannews.com/news-union-enterprise/otsego-urges-county-do-some-rock-tenn-cleanup

Executive Director
P.O. Box 998, Mountain View, CA 94042