2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2018 10:07:33 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Goshen [Indiana] ice rink pavilion plan skating along"

Goshen ice rink pavilion plan skating along

by JOHN KLINE
GOSHEN NEWS (IN)
June 12, 2018

GOSHEN - Goshen Redevelopment Commission members took another major step forward Tuesday in connection with a proposed plan to construct a $5.6 million multi-use pavilion and ice rink along the city’s millrace.

During the meeting, commission members approved a request by Goshen Brownfield Coordinator Becky Hershberger authorizing her department to negotiate and execute an agreement with South Bend-based engineering firm American Structurepoint for professional architectural/design services needed in order to proceed with the proposed facility.

“On March 30, we issued the request for proposals for the design of the ice rink. We received six proposals back on April 30, and have spent the month of May reviewing them and scoring them,” Hershberger said of the selection process. “After the initial review, we interviewed American Structurepoint, Kil Architecture & Planning and JPR. It was a tough decision. I think we had some very qualified applicants. At the end of the day, the consensus among our committee was to recommend moving forward with American Structurepoint.”
…

For the entire article, see
http://www.goshennews.com/news/local_news/goshen-ice-rink-pavilion-plan-skating-along/article_06403554-9d4a-548b-a4ad-8a30d61d693b.html