2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2018 12:19:02 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "North Hempstead [New York] to build affordable housing for seniors at site of ["blighted"] former elementary school"

North Hempstead to build affordable housing for seniors at site of former elementary school
The 77-unit complex of townhomes in New Cassel could be completed by next summer, officials said, and will consist of prefabricated construction material.

By Christine Chung
Long Island Newsday (NY)
July 22, 2018

A 77-unit affordable housing complex for seniors will be built in New Cassel at the former site of a blighted school demolished four years ago.

At its Tuesday meeting, the North Hempstead Town Board voted 7-0 to approve the site plan for the construction of six two-story townhomes at the corner of Grand Street and Broadway.

Officials said the development will help address the pressing need for affordable senior housing in the town.

“The Grand Street development will provide some of this much-needed senior housing in a convenient location within walking distance of local shopping and our Yes We Can Community Center,” said Town Supervisor Judi Bosworth.

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.newsday.com/long-island/nassau/new-cassel-senior-housing-1.19968378

Executive Director