2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 08:05:55 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] East Jefferson development, Detroit, Michigan

State grants $205K to East Jefferson Meijer development to remove contaminants

by Breana Noble
Detroit News (MI)
September 7, 2018

The state environment department has granted $205,000 to revitalize three East Jefferson Avenue properties, including the future site of a Meijer.

The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality said Friday it awarded a brownfield redevelopment grant to East Jefferson Development LLC to remove contaminated soil on three properties in the 1400 block of the avenue. The developer is building a $60 million multi-story retail and apartment building there.

"We love being able to help move toward the redevelopment of the city," said Michelle Bakun, the department's brownfield coordinator. "This development met the guidelines of things we look for. It's close to downtown, there's lots of job creation, and it provides housing that is much needed in that area in Detroit."

…

For the entire article, see
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/detroit-city/2018/09/07/state-brownfield-grant-east-jefferson-meijer/1226740002/

Executive Director