2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:56:14 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] Lycoming County, Pennsylvania trails

Brownfield morphing to trails in region a win-win proposition
A pilot program from the state Department of Environmental Protection presents a win-win proposition for the area.

EDITORIAL
Williamsport Sun-Gazelle (PA)
September 12, 2018

The program calls for the restoration and repurposing of Brownfield sites and includes remedial work needed to connect walking and bicycle trails in Lycoming County.

These are sites that are not serving much purpose right now.

They are often abandoned mine lands or otherwise damaged properties.

But where our area is concerned, their repurposing would perfectly merge with our region’s sweet spot of outdoor recreation and could have a large, positive impact on walking, running and biking.

…

For the entire editorial, see
http://www.sungazette.com/opinion/editorials/2018/09/brownfield-morphing-to-trails-in-region-a-win-win-proposition/

Executive Director