2018 CPEO Brownfields List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 21:47:00 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-brownfields
Subject: [CPEO-BIF] "Chapel Hill [North Carolina] Exploring Options for Coal Ash Remediation Plan"

Chapel Hill Exploring Options for Coal Ash Remediation Plan

by Kelly Fahey
WCHL/Chapelboro.com (Chapel Hill, NC)
October 24, 2018

The Chapel Hill Town Council voted earlier this month to explore its eligibility for a Brownfields Agreement in regard to the coal ash deposit site at 828 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

A Brownfields Agreement is a remediation plan that would define activities needed to make the site suitable for reuse.

It will be several months until the town finds out if it qualifies, and Mayor Pam Hemminger says it is unclear whether the town would accept a Brownfields Agreement if it was declared eligible.

“We want to see if we qualify because it helps us in our deciding factors,” says Hemminger. “We also set up a series of meetings coming forward with the public for advisory boards to continue asking these questions, because we are going to have to make a decision at some point.”

…

For the entire article, see
https://chapelboro.com/news/local-government/chapel-hill-exploring-options-for-coal-ash-remediation-plan

Executive Director